Star Press ePaper Edition is the internet-based and digital service owned by Star Press Company.
“We”, “Our”, “Us” means Star Press and Star Press Edition. We provide you with the capability to read online ePaper versions of Star Press publications. The Website is located at https://kiosk.starpress.info/. “You” or a “User” means a customer of the Service (to the exclusion of business users) and/or “Visitor” of the Website. “Account” means your account of Star Press ePaper Edition, including username and password information.
Registration & Security
When you register, you choose a password and provide your email address and other information. You are responsible for providing accurate registration information and for updating it as and when required. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
Login Sessions & Cookies Information
If you log in to this site, the system will store session information on your computer to track your log in. By logging in you are agreeing that we can place this information on your device. Every account has a maximum of 3 concurrent logins unless otherwise explicitly expressed. This means that a user who has an active subscription can login to multiple devices (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile Phone) simultaneously to a maximum of 3 devices within a 24 hour period. An attempt to login a fourth time, while the 3 sessions are active, will generate a Device Limit Reached error.
A login session expires after 24 hours. To use the ePaper system you will have to login again.
This site may use Google Analytics cookies for performance monitoring only. By using our website you agree that we can place these cookies on your device. Cookies are small electronic files which a website can transfer to a user’s hard drive to identify a user and personalise their use of that website.
Cookies Set By Google Analytics
Analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website, and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve your website experience and the services we provide. No personal information is collected about you or about your computer. Information on the cookies used by the default configuration and use of Google Analytics is available here – https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies#cookies Set. Any information collected indirectly will be used by Star Press only to:
- Monitor the volume, type and pattern of traffic using this website
- Develop the design and layout of the website and for other administrative and planning purposes.
You may only use the ePaper service:
- for lawful purposes generally and specifically in a manner that does not infringe on copyright or other intellectual property rights of either Star Press or any other party,
- in accordance with this Agreement.
You may not restrict or inhibit any other person from using or enjoying the Service. You will not use the Service in jurisdictions where such use is prohibited by applicable law. The Service is provided for personal use only, to the exclusion of Business Users.
You may not download, or acquire by any other means, electronic or otherwise, any version of the ePaper for any purposes whatsoever.
Any form of distribution of the ePaper, electronic or otherwise. which you have lawfully acquired shall constitute an infringement of the copyright and intellectual property rights.
Changes to Star Press ePaper Edition Service & Pricing
We may, at any time, change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Service, including content, subscription plans and features, pricing, hours of availability, equipment or the software needed for access or use. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
The Service contains material subject to copyright protection, trademarks and other proprietary information. Without limiting the scope of intellectual property rights of Star Press, you acknowledge that Star Press owns intellectual property rights in:
- the content included within the publications;
- the selection, coordination, and arrangement of the Website and the publications contained within it;
- the trademarks used in connection with the Service.
Publications available through the ePaper are for your personal use with the service only and may not be modified, reverse engineered, redistributed, sold, publicly displayed, licensed, rented, or otherwise provided to a third party or commercially exploited. We do not grant you any licenses express or implied, to the intellectual property of the Service or our Publishing partners except as expressly authorized in this Agreement.
Certain content in the ePaper editions is furnished by the third parties who will not be liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any such Content, or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, or for any damages arising therefrom.
Price and Availability of Content
Access to the ePaper service is made available to users on a subscription basis. Pricing details can be looked up on the registration platform, or communicated by Star Press using the media.
Star Press ePaper Edition Service Refund Policy
If you have a 1 Edition or 1-Month (monthly) billing subscription:
When you cancel, you cancel only future charges associated with your subscription. You may notify us of your intent to cancel at any time, but the cancellation will become effective at the end of your current billing period (for the 1-Month subscription). You will not receive a refund for the current billing cycle. You will continue to have the same access and benefits of your product for the remainder of the current billing period.
We make no guarantee that you will be entitled to any refund for subscription purchases. A pro-rata refund of the unused portion of a current subscription may be granted at our discretion.
Currency Conversion and Associated Fees
Le starpress Media Group shows prices in Mauritian Rupees or otherwise stated. When you purchase a subscription plan to the Service, Mauritius Commercial Bank Limited (our third party payment gateway) will charge you a price in USD. If your bank or a credit card company converts USD to your local currency, the resulting price may fluctuate depending on the changes in the conversion rate. Your credit card company may charge you a fee for this service. We will not be responsible for any fees that your bank or credit card company charges for performing currency conversion, conversion rate or changes in the conversion rate.
Star Press ePaper Edition Auto-Renew Policy
For the moment, the ePaper system does not have an auto-renew feature.
Once implemented, all users will be notified whether they wish their package with
Star Press ePaper system to be auto-renewed.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Star Press does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the ePaper service by any user, information provider or any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk.
- The service is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title, non-infringement, non-interference, accuracy of data, accuracy of translation, availability, timing, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement.
- without limiting the foregoing, neither Star Press and MCB Ltd. nor its affiliates, licensors, or agents warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the service, or as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of any information, service, or goods provided in connection with the service. You bear the responsibility for obtaining and maintaining reliable internet connectivity, typically through a third party internet service provider. We do not issue refunds based on your inability to connect to the website or view the newspapers/ePapers.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Star Press or our affiliates, licensors, or agents be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, and consequential (including without limitation lost profits) or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the service.
You acknowledge that
- the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on the service; and
- Star Press is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of third parties including our licensors and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Le starpress Media Group and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of your use or inability to use the ePaper service. You agree to fully cooperate as reasonably required in the defence of any such claim.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Service
- to determine compliance with this Agreement and any operating rules established by Star Press; and
- to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. Without limiting the foregoing, we shall have the right to remove any content that we, in our sole discretion, find to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable or in breach of Star Press legal obligations.
We have the right at any time to change or modify this Agreement. You will be effectively notified of any such changes or modifications when:
Either we or you may terminate this Agreement at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to immediately terminate your Account in the event that you breach this Agreement. If your Account is terminated, you are and will remain responsible for all charges incurred up to the time of the termination. The provisions of Sections 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement and any operating rules for the ePaper service constitute the entire agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between us with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Mauritius. For any legal action or other proceeding arising from or relating to this Agreement, you hereby irrevocably agree to personal jurisdiction and exclusive to the High Courts of Mauritius. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.